Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator ~ Debbie Dutchess ~ ~

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Exhausting Week\Weekend

Although it was an amazingly fun day, I was totally exhausted when it was all said and done. I celebrated my 50th Birthday this past weekend. This is kind of a long story...

To begin with, Scott had asked what I wanted to do for my Big Birthday, and I decided that I wanted to have a party, knowing full well that I would have to do all of the planning etc., on my own. I didn't mind, I love planning parties! That was 2 months ago...plenty of time...HA! I made my guest list, and started on the invitations well in advance because I know myself too well, and that I am very good at procrastinating. I was also working on wedding invitations, programs, etc., for a friend; working; and Casey had started school -- full time -- so I was babysitting a lot. I have a very large family, and with friends, the original guest list was 100! Needless to say, I did some narrowing much as I would have liked to have every one of those 100 people, I had to face reality...that was a bit much.

I worked on various planning/cleaning projects for the next 2 months feeling pretty good about being so organized and ready for my party. Then, I got my work schedule for that week...Tues., Wed., Thurs., and way! I knew I had requested that day off. Friday was only a 4 hour shift, so I figured as organized as I was, I would still be able to do it. Then...Scott made the announcement that they were working "shift" work that week, and that he would be working nights. How could I get anything done at home during the day while he was trying to's rather difficult to vacuum quietly. Believe me it was quite a challenge to keep a 5 year old entertained quietly, 2 dogs quiet, and clean/prepare for a party for 70 people...quietly. Unfortunately Makayla spent a lot of time watching movies...thank goodness for the $1 Red Box Rentals.

All was going well, and then Friday came. I went to work, my 12-4 shift. It had to be right in the middle of the day too! It was very slow...I just wanted to go home...all I could do was think of all the things I could be doing while pacing the sales floor of Pier 1. Finally, 4 o'clock came...I was out of there! Scott left for work at 6:00pm, and Casey was working, so I had to take Makayla to the grocery store with me. It's hard to concentrate while she's finding "treasures" on the floor, and wanting to add all sorts of things to my already overflowing cart. We didn't get home until 8:00pm. Again, another movie into the DVD player...and the food preparation began.

I knew it was going to be another late night, but that was okay. There were a couple of things I had to put together the night before, and the rest I could do in the morning...we weren't eating until 5:00pm. It was about 1:00am, and the Chocolate Sheet Cake had about 3 minutes left before it was ready to come out of the oven, and all of the sudden, I became extremely dizzy. All I wanted to do was lay down in my bed. I could not wait for that timer to go off. I could put the frosting on in the morning, and all would be fine...not so...I was so dizzy, that I could barely stand. The timer finally went off. I was done for the night. I had put my pajamas on while waiting for the timer, so I immediately climbed into bed. As soon as I laid my head on my pillow, I had to head to the bathroom. I began vomiting. By now, I couldn't keep my eyes open, and could barely walk, because the room was spinning so fast. I have experienced vertigo before, and have a prescription, but couldn't get it because I couldn't open my eyes. I spent the next 3 hours sitting in the bathroom with my pillow laying my head on the toilet (because every time I tried to lay down I had to throw up). Sorry if that is TMI. As I sat there, I heard the thunder rolling in and the rain was I going to fit 70 people in my house if it kept raining...

When Scott got home in the morning, he got my pills. I was finally able to lay down and did get some sleep. It wasn't until about 2:00pm that I was really feeling "good" again. Casey prepared the rest of the food that I hadn't been able to do the night before. The rain ended before noon, and the sun came out. It was a beautiful day, and the party was a huge success!

This week's Deal of the Week is the Heart to Heart Punch. Click on the picture to check out the details.

This Friday, is the second Happy New Year Event featuring the New 2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalog. We are running two sessions again, a morning session, and an evening session. If you are interested in joining us, please contact me. We are completing several fun projects using the new In-Colors, and new products.

After Friday, I will share the projects from this event. Thanks for visiting! No parties to plan for a while, so I should get back to regular posting :)


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow, I saw your pics on FB - who would've known what all you went through!! All I thought was that you must be very loved and it doesn't surprise me. Is that Jeff Delello in the one picture with Mike and I think a couple of other guys? Glad you fun AND nice weather!!